• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

90/100 watts bulbs in autopals?

chiw00

NAXJA Forum User
Hi first of all congrats for this excellent site.

Read a lot your post over the autopals headlight, I already have my new harness, but I didnt find an answer for my question.

I am going to buy the autopals towards ebay, I want the combination of the ecodes with 90/100watt white bubls, many people have use this combination, and seem to be preety happy, but the 90 watt low beam is safe for the incoming traffic? I dont want to blind incoming traffic and cause an accident.
The seller says that ecodes have special cutoff so incoming drivers dont get blinded, but many people just cand do about anything for selling.

What experiences?

Thanks!

98 XJ

Welcome to the forums. You could use something like this http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=271
HL78158 - 100/55W this way your low beam will be a legal wattage. You can get away with a little higher wattage low beam because of the cutoff. I think 90W would be on the high side. You can still blind people at times like cresting a hill. I would also spend a little more money and get IPF or Hella housings.

Another thing you want to take into consideration if you haven't already, is that you should do an upgraded wire harness when you install those bulbs. The stock wiring is crappy, and can't handle that bulb. Upgrading the harness with relays and heavier gauge wire is just as important in performance gain as the bulbs.

Try this Hella ECode kit on EBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hell...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Another thing you want to take into consideration if you haven't already, is that you should do an upgraded wire harness when you install those bulbs. The stock wiring is crappy, and can't handle that bulb. Upgrading the harness with relays and heavier gauge wire is just as important in performance gain as the bulbs.

The OP already has a new harness....

Thanks very much for the fast response

I think I will be getting the 55/100 watt combination, just for safety reasons for incoming traffic.

Hella Ecodes seem very h
good option too.

Thanks a lot.

I run the 90W/100W in Autopals with an upgraded harness. Just aim them down correctly and there is no issue. They are nice and bright, especially compared to stock beams. Cutoff with the Autopal housings is very good.

I run the 90W/100W in Autopals with an upgraded harness. Just aim them down correctly and there is no issue. They are nice and bright, especially compared to stock beams. Cutoff with the Autopal housings is very good.

X2
I run the 90w/100w in mine and have never had anyone flash there hi-beams at me. you just have to aim them properly. I love them on the back roads.

I have the autopal housings and am very happy with them. When I bought them I got the 90/100 watt bulbs and was not happy with the quality of the bulbs. The metal part of the bulb with the spot welds broke very easy and I had to get new bulbs.

I have the autopal housings and am very happy with them. When I bought them I got the 90/100 watt bulbs and was not happy with the quality of the bulbs. The metal part of the bulb with the spot welds broke very easy and I had to get new bulbs.
Generally I choose name brand bulbs such as Hella and PIAA when I purchase replacement H4 bulbs; both have provided good service over the years.

Back