• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calling all IronMan 4x4 Fab adjustable UCA owners

anthrax323

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys,

I'm balls-deep in the lift install on my '01 XJ and ran into a bit of a conundrum when determining the orientation of my IronMan 4x4 Fab adjustable upper control arms... Chassis-side, the grease zerk is oriented at a 90 degree angle to the rest of the arm:

ironman_uppers.jpg

Now, as those who have worked with the front suspension already know, the chassis-side mount is somewhat of a cup welded to the chassis... Should the zerks face up or down?

I can't for the life of me figure out whether or not they'll be accessible in either position, and would *really* like to avoid having to remove them again after my hour-long battle removing the passenger-side UCA chassis bolt in the first place. The arms I own were bought during his beta almost a year ago (sorry man :/) and did not come with much in the way of documentation/recommendations. I'd really like to avoid bugging Andy over the holiday weekend, so let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

I would face the zerks down. It may be pretty hard to get grease in it the other way around. Are you satisfied with the build quality of these? I have been wanting a set.

They're solid as hell, no doubt. Unfortunately I have zero miles on them as of yet, so we'll see :p. Given my experiences with Andy and doing initial adjustments, I think they're gonna be great.

Thanks for the input - I think pointing the zerks down makes the most sense. If greasing them is a problem I'll track down some angled ones.

They're solid as hell, no doubt. Unfortunately I have zero miles on them as of yet, so we'll see :p. Given my experiences with Andy and doing initial adjustments, I think they're gonna be great.

Thanks for the input - I think pointing the zerks down makes the most sense. If greasing them is a problem I'll track down some angled ones.

If you rip them off I guess i was wrong! :D

Hahaha, uppers. I'm a ratard! I guess i didn't read the name of the thread!!

lol, no sweat buddy. Looks like my late-night install plans have hit a snag anyway... 10 seconds into drilling out my track bar mount, my only 5/8" bit seized and bent. Milwaukee isn't pleasing me much right now :/. Time to see if Walmart has one, though I highly, highly doubt it.

Back