• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 D30 on my 99? quick question.

JeepCherokeeGuy99

NAXJA Forum User
well I have decided to convert my 2wd to 4wd and was wondering if the D30 in my 89 will bolt up to my 99 with no problems.

It should I believe you need to use the later hubs to use the later (better) brake system. And if it's a CAD axle, you will want to run a 1 piece shaft and newer inner seal.

You will also either need to swap out your trans for a 4WD/t-case or swap the tail-shaft of your current trans.

It should I believe you need to use the later hubs to use the later (better) brake system. And if it's a CAD axle, you will want to run a 1 piece shaft and newer inner seal.

You will also either need to swap out your trans for a 4WD/t-case or swap the tail-shaft of your current trans.

Ya I'm already talking to crazyjim about the tranny and tcase. I'm pretty sure the hubs are the same as well as the calipers. Which is why ill be upgrading to the wj knucks and twin pistons calipers ;)

Ya I'm already talking to crazyjim about the tranny and tcase. ;)

IIRC there is a difference in the spline count between the Renix era (87-90) output shaft (21) and the HO era (91-01) output shaft (23).

Ya I'm already talking to crazyjim about the tranny and tcase. I'm pretty sure the hubs are the same as well as the calipers. Which is why ill be upgrading to the wj knucks and twin pistons calipers ;)

The hubs changed somewheres around 1989/90.

Last edited:
the donor tranny and t case will be 23 spline.

Back