• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skid preferences

wrink99

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to get a transfer case skid and am torn between orgs and skid row, I mean skid row is cheaper but is it better or even equal any first hand experience with either and what your opinions are and if there is something better out there please let me know

I have Skid Rows Gas tanks skid. I also have Rusty's T-case skid with the crossmember. Rusty's Skid is just like Skid Rows. It has held up very well. Its just metel and unless you land right in top of it, it's not going anywhere. ORGS's skid includes the crossmember if you need it. There stuff is great as well. But for the price and the quality that Skid Rows makes stuff I'd get theirs. Paul

i have the rusty's unit and it has taken some big hits and is still great. one note is that i think the skid row unit has a hole to drain fkuids from your t-case. rusty's does not. other than that they appear to be similar in design.

I am really pleased with my Skid Row unit. Also several of my buddies run them and they have held up really well to many trips to Tellico...

Skid Row

My Skid Row tcase skid has supported basically the whole weight of my heep as I teeter around the rocks. Tough as hell, and does a good job of making me feel better about my puny factory crossmember.

I like my stock ones, but once I get my trail rig (i mean if :D) Im going with custom knock offs of skidrow...

you can always drill out a hole for the t-case to drain out it's fluids in the Rusty's case. It has the half circle in the back of it but that thing is worthless for fluid changes. I just remove the skid to do it but I'm going to drill out that hole asap. Juice

Back