• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaves Changing Run

hurley842002

NAXJA Forum User
Planning to go see the leaves changing and would enjoy some company, i'm open to pretty much any trail provided it isn't too extreme. Did Hall Valley one year, and would do it again. If you want to go, let me know. I'm open to any trail with good scenery. I'm open to suggestions on what weekend is good for people, but definitely prefer Saturdays.

would like to, but I'm already down to almost nuttin in cash and I still got another 2 weeks to wait for my unemployment chk. so I dunno....plus my front end is making a noise that got a little more pronounced since I went to coney/MSV, gotta check it out.:dunno:

If you figure out a Saturday run I would be interested, I agree nothing too hard but scenic would pretty cool maybe something higher in elevation?

If you figure out a Saturday run I would be interested, I agree nothing too hard but scenic would pretty cool maybe something higher in elevation?

Good deal, I will keep you posted. Definitely a Saturday, i'm open to suggestions on where to go. I haven't done anything real high elevation for quite some time, so that would be great as well.

Good deal, I will keep you posted. Definitely a Saturday, i'm open to suggestions on where to go. I haven't done anything real high elevation for quite some time, so that would be great as well.

I always go to West Magnolia, not a hard trail but it has the perfect setup for the changing of colors. Check out my other picks from my photobucket page.

BTW the best time for this is October when they really start to change.
Picture069.jpg

I'm planning on a run myself. I need to break in my new D5000 camera.

Just got the xj back up and running with some new axles and a little lift, so im looking for a little run...just keep me posted on what day is finalized..

Sounds good :thumbup: It will be in October for sure, and I'm thinking the second weekend, provided the leaves have started doing their thing.

Did a loop over Cameron Pass, Rabbit Ears, then Trail Ridge Road. Only a very few leaves changing at the highest altitudes.

I would be down to do a trail as well like this.

Good deal :thumbup:

I'm having a hard time putting a date on this, since it's all kind of dependent upon when the leaves start to do their thing. Probably the second or third Saturday in October, would be good dates to shoot for. Let me know what you guys think.

I think that'll be too late. The leaves are starting to change in the Springs right now. It's been pretty dry, and the nights are cool.

Back