• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fenderwell Covers

4_litre_fury

NAXJA Forum User
So I took my fenders off my Jeep and I was wondering if I should put the wheel well covers back on. Why do people leave them off when they take them off? What are the benefits. What are the benefits to putting them back on. I took them off to get at the pinch seam on the jeep which I ground down and knocked over to eliminate that nasty edge that that tire would otherwise rub on and I also rubberize undercoated the wheel well and the side of the body that the fender covers up. Should I put my covers back on or not? Thanks.

a lot of guys leave them out because they break and cant be put back in (my case) or they think it takes up too much space in the wheel well so they leave it out and put the round floatys (the noodles) in the gap in front of the door to keep that from getting packed with mud. with that said. its been covered quite a bit so you might try searching to find more information

i remove it, because it's bullshit i dont need.

unless you're a mudder, or someone who wear's a suit to work, forget the mud that gets in thru the fender gap, it's irrelevant unless you're a little girl.

i remove it, because it's bullshit i dont need.

unless you're a mudder, or someone who wear's a suit to work, forget the mud that gets in thru the fender gap, it's irrelevant unless you're a little girl.

This from a guy that lives where it never rains. :D :D

This from a guy that lives where it never rains. :D :D

valid point... like anything in the xj world, it all depends on where YOU live, where YOU wheel, how much cash YOU'VE got.

i do drive in the rain though , and because it rarely rains here, WHEN IT DOES... i go find the puddles when they form.

=)

Back