• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suspension Seats

ARB-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone running a suspension seats? If so what brand and does it really help?

i have a set of empi race trim seats... as of now they aren't in the xj... but my buddy has them in his tj... i think they are comfortable... nice and snug but not too tight... definately helped my back from not hurting as much... that's why i bought them...

Yes. Mastercraft Baja RS. And yes. ;)

i have a set of empi race trim seats... as of now they aren't in the xj... but my buddy has them in his tj... i think they are comfortable... nice and snug but not too tight... definately helped my back from not hurting as much... that's why i bought them...

X2 about $300 shipped for 2 seats, cant beat that deal.

very comfortable! make sure you order TJ mounts if you have a late model xj.

Ever wheel and feel your butt "bottom out" when you fully compress the seat pad on a hard hit? That hit transmitted through your hips right up your spine. Suspension seats don't do that.

Corbeau Baja's, love them and no more back pain!!

Mastercraft Rubicon seat with the fixed back. If I could do it again, I'd get the reclining model, but they weren't available from Mastercraft back then.
I'd try Corbeau Baja. Cheaper than Mastercraft, and honestly, the Mastercraft materials aren't anything special, imo. My Rubicon seat cover was rebuilt because cheapo materials started getting ratty and falling apart. That alone cost as much as the seat.

I have the same seats in my XJ, very comfortable.

how do the fixed back seats do in a dd? does it get uncomfortable not being able to recline it?

It forces me to sit upright, but it's not uncomfortable to me. Probably good for my back. You can shift forward or backward in the seat and it conforms well. You could also modify the mounts and lean the seat back a little.

how do the fixed back seats do in a dd? does it get uncomfortable not being able to recline it?

I have the corbeau baja ultras and I do wish I had a slightly less aggressive seat and a reclining back. With that said I don't mind the fixed back in my dd. I just set the seats up were I liked them and two years later I still Like them

Recling is a bonus but for the most part very comfortable. With a bad back and a lifted rig, the high side bolsters can be a pain if you're running around town doing errands and constantly getting in and out.
But on a long trip or wheeling, just strap in and enjoy the ride!

you get used to jumping in and out. im in in like a second, but always have to wait for the passenger to get in. then again, im 19, might be a little harder for others :laugh3:

what brackets do you guys have for the "empi race trim seats" ? All I can find are the universal ones and the ones that raise the mount 6". My head is already close to the headliner.

I have the Corbeau seats, I have had them since 3/10/08
Here is my install thread, I show you how i made my brackets...
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=946575

it is still a pain to get in and out, but I am not sore after off roading.

I recent problem i have noticed is that the sholder straps holes are about 4 inches lower than my back line. I called Cobeau and they reccomended the Corbeau Baja XP seat because the sholder straps are about 2 inches higher. I am only 6'1.5"

got the passenger seat mounted in using a tj seat bracket... they sit pretty high... i'm 5'9 and when i sit in the seat i have about 2inches of head room... so if you are taller i'd suggest a different set up...

you could always modify the slider set up that empi offers... just cut the legs down and toss in some bracing...

Back