• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tuffy Console

50willys

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I want to install the Tuffy console (not the console insert) in place of the factory console in my '96 XJ. I did a search and couldn't find any info on it, so has anyone ever done this? Where did you cut the factory console.

Thanks, Bob

I installed one in my 89. But at the same time I installed a Twin Sticked Dana 300 so I ditched the factory console altogether. The Tuffy Console is nice and sturdy and the cup holders are nice to have.

Pull the stock console, set it next to the Tuffy and see where you would need to cut it. Or, measure the Tuffy and cut the stock one accordingly.

is it possible to install it in a late model? WHY does tuffy refuse to come out with an updated version! I emailed them and the responded "no market"

hate to hijack, but what aftermarket consoled are available for 97-01 cherokees?

I won a gift certificate to Tuffy Products last year and I was pissed when I learned they had no center console for my '99. I ended up with a security box that I mounted on my trailer. Wish I had one of their center consoles, though.

Back on topic...have you checked the installation instructions for your '96 on their website?

:smsoap:

Back