• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC LONGARM JOINT FAILURE

Comanchedude

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I was getting a clunking noise and checked the joints and 3 out of the 4 are shot!
Has anyone else with the RC longarm had the joints fail so quick?
Now the system has been in use for only 5 months so I was shocked the joints we worn out already!. I called and they are sending rebuild kits for all 4 joints. That is the only issue I have with the system to date. The guy I talked to at RC said he didn’t know of any issues or early failures of the joints?? Well in any case I hope this does not turn out to be
Some defective joint issue. I don’t want to have to rebuild the joints every 5 months
They were very professinal and took care of my issue without question. That’s very good service

OMG not all caps!!!! I had an RC lift but swapped it out for an RE system about 4 years ago for the same reason the joint design & quality was total crap. It's the cheapest joint setup money can buy, kind of like their kits are the cheapest money can buy. I guess you get what you pay for, huh? If your ambitious you can buy a kit from one of the higher end suspension fab companies and convert the joints over to factory rubber bushings or anything better than the RC ends. Depending on which end is bad you can either just screw them on (johnny joints) or else you'll have to weld on new sleeves to accept the factory bushing (if they don't fit already). The result will be a much better ride and as you know the factory bushings last forever. Good luck.

Last edited:
5 months aint bad for rebuilding lol

try every 2-5 weeks for my ballistic joints

It is def a joint issue and they are sending out new ones to people who are having issues. However, I have still been waiting 3 months and have called 3 different times and still have not seen them. I know there is a thread on JF about this too. I called last week and they said they "had no record of me asking for them." I wasnt happy. When I told him i have been waiting nearly 3 months for them he said he was going to send out a set right away.....we will see what happens... I bought one of the first kits back in november or so and the joints were shot by january. The reason I didnt call earlier was because my trackbar was making noise too so I figured it was that making the noise.

I would def give them a call. Some people on JF said that they told them "they had not heard of the issue" while others got them within a week. RC customer service has been a problem for me since I got the kit itself.

Are these the same joints on the new adjustable short arms? I have bds joints and they need rebuilding every 8 or so months.

I have the rc long arms.
I wore out the passenger side large flex joint after Sierra fest. I called them and had a brand new joint ( not a rebuild kit) in 2 days. The other one is doing the same thing, so I called and got another one.

They said that the first batch might have been developing a bubble in the mold for the rubber bushings. The quality seems to be much better.

the older version of the joints or the newer 2.0 ones?

the newer ones

ill probably just get the fancy metal "bushings" they offer for them and stick em in there.

but no matter how much i grease them or how tight i tighen them they will be fine for a few days, creak for a week, be fine for a little while, then start klunking again.

Yeah both my uppers failed. I installed the kit last December and only put about 4k miles on it so far. They sent me new joints 3 days later. If they say "i never heard of this happening" then tell them to let you speak to Jeffrey cuz he definitely knows about this issue.

Back