• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rubican express shocks?

bryn

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently running rough country shocks on my 6.5 lift butthe fronts are toast. Are the rubican express shocks any good i.e. external reservoir. Any suggestions on good shocks if re are not good.

Do you need the external res. ones? I have their monotube shocks on both of my jeeps and love them. I will say though that any nitro charged monotube shock will be better than a hydro twintube any day. Better handing, control, ride quality and longevity.

any remote reservoir from a shock company OTHER than fox, bilstein, king, swayaway,radflo or foa are flukes, yes, they have a reservoir, but try finding replacement parts for cheap, or people who have worked on them before...

you dont need the reservoir most likely, the part that people love is the rebuildable nature of these high end shocks, so if you cant find a rebuild manual, or info on what kind of shims they take, i'd pass them on my way to a shock that could last the lifetime of the vehicle like the mfg's i listed above.

just looked on their site, and theyre $189/each. thats a lot of money for a POS shock, that's fox money... go with fox or bilstein.

Back