• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dealer installed XJ Bumper hardware ?

pajeepman

NAXJA Forum User
Going to look at a bumper tomorrow. I saw a picture of one on this site but don't remember where.

Here is a link to the bumper, don't know how to post the actual picture here.http://images.craigslist.org/3mb3p03l55W25U45S1a8qbda79ce62d9f1bea.jpg
Seller said it doesn't have any hardware, any clue what kind it should have if any(maybe the brackets are welded on and it simply bolts to factory holes. I think this was a dealer installed option. Anybody have a clue if it was or what kind it is if not a Mopar unit?

Thats a brushguard,not a bumper so it would likely bolt up to your factory bumper in some way!

Definately doesn't look like an XJ bumper. Looks kind of like a dodge bumper that someone on here had and was going to try to modify it to make it work, don't know if they were ever successful or not. If it is in fact made for an XJ it will go back to cover the three factory bolt holes then should extend further back to incorporate a couple more.

Wish the picture were larger, but it appears that is not a bumper and actually is a brushguard. Could be a factory offered accessory....

Yeah, my bad, I should have said brushguard in the title, not bumper. I have pesonally seen 1 XJ with a brushguard like that one, and saw a picture of a really nice looking silver XJ on the NAXJA board, I think the silver one was in another country. If all goes well and it looks like it will bolt up, it will be in the back of my Jeep in a few hours, I'm heading out the door soon to look at it.

There was a girl in the south east chapter that had that same brush guard on her red XJ, can't remember her screen name and haven't seen her on her for a while.

I had one on a 99XJ. It bolted up to the frame rails if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure it was a dealer accessory and not aftermarket.
FNF

Dealer installed Mopar option.

It uses special brackets that bolt into the stock bumper mounting points on the frame.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

I thought it was a Mopar option, I have seen similiar styled ones on a few other Mopar vehicles. It's in my shed now. A little rust and a small dent on the bottom where I don't think it will be seen. Now I need to "borrow" my sandblaster back from my friend(better yet, use it at his place with his larger compressor). It has the brackets, the guy didn't tell me he had it mounted on a previous XJ he owned. I like the fact that I will have 2 sets of "optional" mopar fog lights. Looks like it mounts to the 3 bumper bolts and to the front sway bar bolt, also 2 small braces that look like they will bolt to holes that have to be drilled in the top of the bumper. Hopefully I can use either the Rusty's or High country tow hook barckets with the bumper. Now I gotta see how much it will will cost to get it sprayed, I don't have decent place to spray it and paint got pretty expensive from what I have heard(haven't bought any in 10 years). Can't find any Patriot Blue rattle cans near me, maybe I just spray it black, bright red won't work for me.
Thanks for the pics Tim_MN.

Back