• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking more and more....

CharlesS

NAXJA Forum User
As the days are slowly passing by and we get closer to October; I find myself thinking more and more of the upcoming event. Even though there are things at work I should be doing... I find it difficult to not think about what I need to do to the Jeep to be ready for Moab and what trails I want to do....

Anyone else having the same problems??

Charles

Most days in the garage on the Jeep or the tow rig. Wife doesn't like the sway w/ the camper on so I installed new Rancho 9000s, a Hellwig sway bar & ordered Stable Load brackets for the Duramax. Having a guy help me build longer upper control arms on the Jeep & I put new Fox shocks on it. Finished my belt air system, sweet. Hope to rig in the new headlights & HID fogs for FF. And still need to get my elk before FF. I'll have my regular hot dog & beer B-Day party Mon or Tues for those that get in early. Spot 66. Thom

Thom,

If you do bag an Elk before you leave; bring some venison down to BBQ instead of the weiners.
Mike R, my brother Al and I should be arriving Sat the 2nd.
See you soon.

Charles

PS. So how is that new avatar working for you?

The US border guys are not nice about game meat. Be nice to upgrade to an action shot, got time?

As the days are slowly passing by and we get closer to October; I find myself thinking more and more of the upcoming event. Even though there are things at work I should be doing... I find it difficult to not think about what I need to do to the Jeep to be ready for Moab and what trails I want to do....

Anyone else having the same problems??

Charles

me too! I keep thinking about what you should do to get my Jeep ready for Moab. Upgrade the battery cables, install the hood vents...

Maybe you want to Visit Vegas for a couple of days soon?

well since i don't have a job i keep thinking of how to get money to finish this pile of metal in the backyard that used to be an xj.

well since i don't have a job i keep thinking of how to get money to finish this pile of metal in the backyard that used to be an xj.

Derrick

What do you think about becoming a male gigilo (sp) and pimping yourself out to the local women.... :wow: 8)

Last edited:
I've just got the usual maintanence; fluids, tire balance, secure cup holders, etc. I've also got to replace my battery cables - (I know Charles, you pointed this out to me last year.) However, my XJ finally did loose power to the windows. It's that vulnerable orange wire that eventually gets severed in the door. Good as new now. Hope that's the only gremlin.

Me, I'm still swearing at a rear D44, can't get the bloomin' axle shafts out. Got a set of 4.56 gears and a Detroit just waiting to go in, low profile shock mounts, and a complete new set of brakes for it.

Making a trial run with the new trailer over the weekend to work out any possible kinks there.

Shoot.... been forgetting about one of the most important things. Gotta start a batch of cream ale to take west in a corny keg.

Shoot.... been forgetting about one of the most important things. Gotta start a batch of cream ale to take west in a corny keg.

Jeff,

I see you have set your priorities.... :yelclap:
Sounds like a tasty batch is brewin'

Already changed the gearlubes in the D30, C8.25 and AX15.
Just finished changing the ATF in the NP231.
See you in Moab.

Charles

Last edited:
The hassel w/ a big tow set like I have is that half the work is doing the Duramax etc. Had shop do new airbags. I did new Rancho 9000s, a sway bar, CB, big aluminum diff cover & tranny pan & cooler, 8 new front ball joints w/ aftermarket pitman & idler braces, added magnets to all drain plugs, new steer shaft, set all lights to stay on together & almost done w/ the new driving lights. My hands are tired & that's just my tow rig.

I got my campsite reserved last week. In the same place as last year at SRK. Over by the playground. When I talked to them, they still had 6 cabins left!!!!
BTW- Airtex fuel pumps SUCK!!!!!!!! Put a new fuel pump in the XJ a week ago saturday and the damn thing went out on me this saturday. I've had this issue with thier pumps before in another XJ. So I ordered a new Bosch pump from Carquest. They are the only ones who carry them anymore. So beware of airtex pumps. PHHHSSSSSSSSS!!! :twak:

i looked at my jeep today, kicked it hard, hit it with a hammer, then opened a beer, it's coming along great! :D

Nope! Derek will be riding bitch again unless he quits looking at it and does something with it! Quit cutting it up and finish what you started to do in the first place! LOL I've only got a few hours left to help! Or we'll be using your trailer to bring my rig down.

Damn it! I lost my smilies.

Back