• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stuck caliper=wobble?

962door

NAXJA Forum User
Today I was about 20 miles from home and got a pretty decent wobble from 55-60ish. It was fine for like 30 miles, then I hit the brakes kinnda hard to make sure I was stopped at a light. When I got back up to speed it was wobbling pretty good. I could smell something getting hot/burnt and took a slower senic route home. When I got home my drivers side caliper was smoking pretty good. I did notice that after I got the wobble, when I hit the brakes it pulled to the passenger side. Do you think the wobble will go away with a new caliper? Or should I start reading all of the threads on death wobble a little closer? Thanks

Most likely when you repair the brakes you will find that was your problem, not "death wobble".

Today I was about 20 miles from home and got a pretty decent wobble from 55-60ish. It was fine for like 30 miles, then I hit the brakes kinnda hard to make sure I was stopped at a light. When I got back up to speed it was wobbling pretty good. I could smell something getting hot/burnt and took a slower senic route home. When I got home my drivers side caliper was smoking pretty good. I did notice that after I got the wobble, when I hit the brakes it pulled to the passenger side. Do you think the wobble will go away with a new caliper? Or should I start reading all of the threads on death wobble a little closer? Thanks

The caliper is likely warped the rotor by overheating it, You may be looking into a new set of pads,rotors, and calipers. The pads may start to crumble and the friction may separate from the pad backing plate. Good idea to do a brake fluid flush at the same time. Good luck

Back