• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

does anyone sell pre bent 2.5" exhaust pipe?

deeeeetroitXJdude.

NAXJA Forum User
I have a borla header, and magnaflow cat, and flow master 50 series, with the rustys pre bent aluminized steel 2.5 pipes.

Its all 2.5 front to back.

I want to order a new stainless magnaflow cat, new 50 series delta flow muffler, and i want to get 409 stainless or better pipes front to back.

Flow master has pre bent 409 stainless kits for newer grand cherokee, my lowly XJ is neglected and they do not offer such a kit.

Does anyone know a shop in detroit that cant bend 409, or anyone that sells something to the rustys muffler kit, but with 409 that i can mail order.

Lastly borla has a kit, but its smaller than the diameter of my header. Borla sells a t304 cat back kit, but its only 2.25 diameter, which is lame, as you think they would also sell a 2.5" kit for people that have the borla header.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Try Summit Racing or JEGs. They both sell stainless straights and mandrel bends to make your own. Look around, there may even be an entire kit.

Yep it rotted out and thats why this time i want to go stainless front to back.

All stainless header, stainless cat, stainless flow master, all stainless pipes.

Is this doable ?

yeah but it's going to cost you and stainless doesn't guarantee is won't corrode either.

It's going to be better the build a new system and then paint or coat it to prevent rust, not much you can do on the inside of the pipe.

yeah but it's going to cost you and stainless doesn't guarantee is won't corrode either.

It's going to be better the build a new system and then paint or coat it to prevent rust, not much you can do on the inside of the pipe.

Yeah i understand steel will not last for ever, but 304 and 409 will last allot longer than mild steel, or what ever grade steel they make a muffler out of.

You can put a t304 fastener in the sun and salt and wetness for 20 years and they barely get dusty.

I am no longer going to be driving this particular jeep in the winter in michigan anymore, so i think an all stainless exhaust will last me quite a long time and look good.

Have you managed to rot out and rust out a quality stainless exhaust in say 5-6 years ?

How long do you think this will last.

What is the preferred way to paint it? High temp exhaust manifold and engine block paint?

shame ya don't live closer i got an exhaust bender and i would help ya make a full 3inch if ya wanted it. youd just have to buy tube and beer for the night.

Back