• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Battery hold down

Wayne Sihler

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
What is better than the stock hold down ? Have Red Top Optima,the stock "Z" shaped bar works but really could be better,any aftermarket clamps that work on our XJ setup?

Wayne

Just add some fiberglass 1"x1" angle to each side of the stock bracket.couldn't be easier or better!

the stock one's problem isnt the top part, it's the bottom plastic part that'll break, everytime. someone should really make a bolt in, drop-in option.

Mean Green used to sell a hold-down bar that can be used with the stock threaded rods - bought one from Quadratec a couple years ago when I went Yellow-Top - that conformed to the Optima's contours.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's still available.

RuffStuff makes Optima battery boxes (and they are a NAXJA sponsor) but they are not bolt in either. rocknxj installed one in his, pretty sure he did a write-up on it too.

232323232%7Ffp537%3B4%3Enu%3D3367%3E234%3E5%3A3%3EWSNRCG%3D347%3B774687336nu0mrj

Thanks for the reply,s.Q-tech still has the MeanGreen hold down listed for $24.99.

I may just take some measurements and have one made .

Wayne

Son of a gun - seems I didn't search too well.

I stand corrected.

Last edited:
Back