• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best 3" intake line to use

I plan on making a hummer style intake here right away and was wondering what is the best 3" hose to use

I got my 3" hose from Mcmaster Carr online.

DSCF7085.jpg

DSCF7086.jpg

DSCF6630.jpg

When you choose a hose for the engine bay, pay attention to the temperature rating of the hose. You don't want the hose to melt or deform under the heat of the engine.

Beautiful! Any performance hit from the (dramatically) increased intake plumbing length?

I've been wanting to do something similar, as I don't want a traditional snorkel (incognito is the name of the game) and haven't wanted to cut a hole in my firewall for an in-cab intake. Question though - have you ever considered eliminating the stock air cleaner and finding an in-line filtering solution for your setup, muddeprived? I'm only asking because it seems like it'd not only shorten the length of the intake plumbing, but reduce the number of potential points-of-failure (leaks) significantly.

Beautiful! Any performance hit from the (dramatically) increased intake plumbing length?

I've been wanting to do something similar, as I don't want a traditional snorkel (incognito is the name of the game) and haven't wanted to cut a hole in my firewall for an in-cab intake. Question though - have you ever considered eliminating the stock air cleaner and finding an in-line filtering solution for your setup, muddeprived? I'm only asking because it seems like it'd not only shorten the length of the intake plumbing, but reduce the number of potential points-of-failure (leaks) significantly.

No noticeable increase or decrease in power. It's still the same, except it's breather in cooler air, pretty much a true cold air intake.

I have thought about finding an inline filter but for now the stock box will do fine. I have it set up so the intake hose disconnects from the air box at the 90 degree fitting. You can see the part of the pvc that's glued to the hose and it inserts into that fitting. Come winter when there's inches of snow that cover my snorkel, I can just disconnect the hose at the box and not have to worry about sucking in snow. It will act like a stock intake. Last year I disconnected the snorkel and left it like that throughout the winter. My cap also pops off and I have a cover cap that replaces it to keep debris and water/snow out of it during winter time.

Back