• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window switch turns off radio!!!

Atl-Atl

NAXJA Forum User
So ive been having this weird problem where my rear passenger window switch(at the drivers door) will not raise the window, instead it shuts off my stereo. So one day I popped the door panel off and tried the switch, it worked. Put the panel back on, doesnt work again WTF!

Well yesterday I decided to pull the door apart and figure out what was going on. This Jeep had been in an accident and repaired. They did a crappy job repairing it. There was a rats nest of tape holding the electronics together and the electrical connections on the window regulator, speakers etc were attached by the wires simply being twisted onto them!!! Wow its amazing what shops will get away with when you can't see their work.

So my guess is the wires which had their protective coating stripped were shorting on each other or the sheetmetal of the door. After taping it all up and reinstalling it seems to work correctly. Hopefully I'm correct!

On to the pics.

Rats nest that was removed from the wiring harness
IMG_1243.jpg

Wires that were being sliced through by the sheetmetal because the sheath was basically non existant where it needed to be
IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

All bundled up!
IMG_1246.jpg

Back