• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel injector crossover

Kinslayer

NAXJA Forum User
Did a search, couldn't find much.. anyway, when I put my new intake manifold from the 99+ in I got a rail full of new fuel injectors... the plug is different from the plugs on the injectors currently in my 98 but I heard you could use them if you trim off part of the connector..

Is there any real difference with these injectors vs the 98 injectors? IE, higher flow, lower flow, etc etc.

Note, I didn't actually install em, just threw em in a bag in the parts bin.. now that I think I might have an injector leak I figured I could pull em out and throw em in if it's not too much of a hassle.

I bought a 99+ intake and it had grey with the blue tip injectors. I just replaced them with my 97 (all gray) injectors.

Around 99-00 they changed the injectors from the old EV1 type (square plug) to the new EV6/uscar type (rounded plug) the only real difference is the plugs they are not interchangeable. If you want to use them you can get an adapter but unless they are the 4 hole type then it's not really worth it. I have the new style on my 2000. Both can be found on Ebay fairly cheap.

I was just thinking of throwing them in because I might have a leaky injector and I happen to have 6 injectors sitting in a bag that I got for free heh

Around 99-00 they changed the injectors from the old EV1 type (square plug) to the new EV6/uscar type (rounded plug) the only real difference is the plugs they are not interchangeable. If you want to use them you can get an adapter but unless they are the 4 hole type then it's not really worth it. I have the new style on my 2000. Both can be found on Ebay fairly cheap.

Correct.

There are adapters for the connectors, should find them here: http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/electrical-connectors/ if not search there are other vendors.

Back