• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92 cruise problems

jeeptorino68

NAXJA Forum User
im having problems with my cruise, at first it would turn itself off and back on after i had turned it on myself. then it stopped all together
i have replaced, the brake light switch, the turn signal stalk, and the vacuum servo all with junkyard parts that seemed to be in good order.

is there a vehicle speed sensor?

where is the cruise control fuse or relay?

what else do i do?????

Mod edit: DO NOT POST FSM REFERENCES. READ THE STICKIES AT THE TOP OF EACH FORUM.

also all vacuum lines are fine, and the vacuum can has vacuum when i unhook the line going to it, or when i unhook the vacuum line at the cruise servo

i have been following the wiring diagrams in the FSM and the test procedures call for a DRB-II scanner, which i dont have.

Last edited:
The cable from the servo to the throttle may have come off it's connector. That's what my fix was. I had tried everything but the cable had come off and CC would not engage.

Follow the cable, see if it's connected.

My '92 cruise pulls in clean, if the lights are off. Pulling the headlight switch out to just the parking lights will cause it to cut off as though I've tapped the brake pedal. I'm thinking defective bulb or socket in back, as the running/brake lights bulb is the place the two circuits have in common.

Back