• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sterio/electrical

rebeljeepster69

NAXJA Forum User
I just purchased a new 1990 laredo 4.o xj
gunsmilie.gif
and decided that the stock sterio had to go. i had a almost new cd deck i pulled from my old rig and started hooking it up when i had to get ready for a job interview. anyway i got the power hooked up and the ground in and started down the list of speaker wire when i had to quit but i noticed that the cd player only came on when i pressed the eject button for a few seconds and would not turn on. then i noticed my cigarette lighter didnt work. i have never heard of them being on the same fuze in any other rig and if it was a blown fuze the cd deck wouldnt turn on to eject. does anyone know whats goin on here? thank yall kindly

-Sam

Sam ~ Fuse is not spelled with a "z". Stereo has a "e" in it. "i" is capitalized when it applies to you. And you could well do to use punctuation in it's proper place. :D LOL!

The deck issue: I'd pull it back out and hook it up to the battery alone to make sure it works when not hooked to the wiring harness.

Then, per the Haynes manual page 12-32:

Speakers are:
Left Dash: GRN, BLK/WHT
Left Gate: GRN/BLK, BLK/WHT
Right Dash: BLK, WHT
Right Gate: BLK, WHT/BLK

Switched Power: Red
Lights: BLU
Always Hot: Pink
Lamp Intensity: ORG/WHT
Ground: BLK

Sam ~ Fuse is not spelled with a "z". Stereo has a "e" in it. "i" is capitalized when it applies to you. And you could well do to use punctuation in it's proper place. :D LOL!

Dang grammer and spelling Nazis!

Yeah, I'd pull it out and check that its got power.

Being in Spokane, I can also vouch that the Pull-n-Save over at Spauldings usually has a dozen or so 86-92 Jeeps out on the yard for the pickings. My MJ is about half pull-n-save parts now. :}

OP, FSM would help, and above is the stated correct wires. YES, pink is the Batt power.

Dang grammer and spelling Nazis!

Yeah, I'd pull it out and check that its got power.

Being in Spokane, I can also vouch that the Pull-n-Save over at Spauldings usually has a dozen or so 86-92 Jeeps out on the yard for the pickings. My MJ is about half pull-n-save parts now. :}
Im sorry you live where you do.

OP, FSM would help, and above is the stated correct wires. YES, pink is the Batt power.

Im sorry you live where you do.

I live over in North Idaho, not Spokane itself. Odd that someone from California would think that. Afterall we keep getting lots of rejects moving up this way and then complaining that we don't have enough homeowners associations. :}

Back