• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar suggestions

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
Seems my axle is a bit off center and it's time to get a new adjustable track bar to replace teh stock one. I'm sitting on a 3" BDS lift.
I may go up a couple inches more when I can afford an SYE shafts and the lift so something good for taller wlould be nice too.

Any suggestions?

RE hd trackbar,bracket, and brace.

Might want to search this forum; there are several members that sell Rubicon Express products at a discounted price.

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Jeep/XJ/Product.aspx?folder=XJTB&part=RE1660

324.jpg

324.jpg

Is that brace bolt on or does it have to be welded? My trackbar on my 2000xj makes a ton of noise and I suspect that it is getting loose in its hole. I'm running a 2" OME lift and never adjusted the trackbar for the original lift.

I was looking at the IRO. The 3/4 inch drop on the bracket concerns me a bit, clearance on the dif and all. I have virtualy no bump steer right now, so I wonder if that bit of a drop would change much. Here's why:

I'm currently running a relocation bracket so axle side of the TB is more angled than the Drag Link's angle on the axle.

When I drop the track bar's frame side 3/4", and then return the axle side to stock (in effect reversing the opposing TB to DL angle bottom to top) the TB will be less angled on the axle side. Seems like 2 sides of the same coin am I right or is there a change to be noticed in performance.

Anyone running the bracket and TB with a 3"? Any issues or bonuses?

I seem to recall one person said they did but their UCAs weren't in stock locaiton.

I have my finger on the button for either just the TB or the whole kit.
If YOU weren't gonna go up for at least a year what would YOU get?

Last edited:
I've had the RE1600 and RE1660 adjustible track bars and both are very good. Decide on your max lift and buy to that specification. Get a used adjustible 1600 TB if you stay at 3-4" of lift. I see them on the forum all the time. Then upgrade with your next lift.

324.jpg

Back