• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end noise

bert01xj

NAXJA Forum User
it makes the noise when i take of from a stop and when i turn while moving not when i sit still.sound like it is coming from the center.also had a hard time getting it out of 4 wheel drive. it is raining so i haven't got under it to see what it is. what should i look for when it stops raining. i was in a creek climbing some shelfs thats when i had a hard time getting out of 4 wheel drive.

Moved to OEM Tech forum for you.

Well, I would take a look at the fan/shroud, check your engine and trans mounts, and the bolts that hold the mount brackets to the engine block.

Post up your BASICS--year/engine/etc.

Well, the BASICS will come out eventually.

Low pinion D-30 and transfer case drop is a bad thing.

Lose the transfer case drop and put a SYE in.

but does it belong here i have 5'' lift and a t case drop on a low pinion dana 30

Based on your original post, who would have known it!

Ok, I'm going to merge the threads and throw it back in Mod Tech.

Pull your front DS and see if the noise goes away. If it does, suspect your pinion angle, if it doesn't, check your mounts.

Check the basics covered by Joe. Other quick checks include grabbing a hold of the middle of your sway bar and shaking it violently to see if it moves/clunks - if so, you need new sway bar bracket bushings (those that hold the sway bar to the chassis). Check sway bar end links as well.

Just start grabbing on to various movable/connective parts (track bar, control arms, etc.) and give them solid pushes/shoves to see if they move any.

Back