• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 ZJ disc retaining plate

XJ_Vikings

NAXJA Forum User
Ive been doing a lot of research on this, but cant seem to find a solid answer.

I currently have the rubi retaining plates on my shafts. The axle is at a specialty shop right now getting geared and having a few other issues taken care of. The guy called to tell me that he made custom plates for the shafts because the rubi plates did not fit. I have gathered that the rubi plates wont work, but I would like to know if anyone found the exact correct size for the spacer, or better yet total depth of the plate.

One option i had seen is lathing down the rubi plates from a 0.225 lip to a 0.125 lip. The issue is, he said he made .250" plates, this obviously isn't congruent with what I've been reading.

I'm heading down tomorrow to take a look and i would like to go down with the correct dimensions. This axle isn't going to see the road for a couple years probably, at which point I'm sure they would laugh if i went back with a problem.

Thanks

The ZJ 44 retaining plates should work right? I've heard they're cheap at the dealership, p/n 5083678AA. That's what I remember reading at stu-offroad, not sure if this will help.

Thanks for the link RCP, I can remember finding that a while ago while i was doing some research.

I suppose Ill go down tonight and hopefully he can show me what the issue really is.

Im a little pissed though, considering he went ahead and made 2 custom plates without consulting me, and already installed them onto the shafts.

fml

Back