• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LOOKING FOR A GOOD ALLIGNMENT SHOP IN WESTMINSTER/HUNTINGTON BEACH AREA

Several folks will probably say to do it yourself after the lift is installed. There are a few different ways, but I think the most common is to use a tape measure, pick a spot on the front and rear of each tire. You will need to mark the spot somehow, so you can get as close as possible each time. Take a measurement at the front of the tires and then at the rear of the tires. They should be about equal. Turn your tie-rod to to get the tires to move in the direction you need. Some folks may say that you will want the front tire measurement about 1/4 inch smaller than the rear measurement.
When done, tighten your tierod adj bolts....

Now I may have missed a step or some important stuff. I am sure someone will correct me, but this will get you by.

Good luck!

yeah

just do the tape measure

Don't waste your $$$

Keep in mind when your suspension 'settles' your alignment will be off (again).

done mine a few times.......1/4 inch is to much toe in for my heep on pavement I had bad tire scrubbing in turns, re set to 1/8 and it handled better and steering was friendlier.

dude, come over today and I will align it for you...

PM me

Cal , is goint to do it tomorrow... I was reading up on it last night and it looks simple enough... but that was what I thought about doing the lift....two days later and only the front it done.... I can use some help doing the back.. just AAL , shocks and extended brakeline... let me know if you have that much time....that way I won't be the proud owner of a 909 xj : P

oh yeah the pms are not working you can email me at [email protected] or just reply...I waste a lot of time at work on this site.

Back