• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upper control arm bushing size?

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So im gathering parts to build my upper adjustable control arms, but don know what size the bushing is fot the uppers. I know there not the same size as the bottoms, the bottoms are way bigger. So what size are they. I was looking at ballistic fab's bushing but I think they will be to big. What are my options. Help me out here guys.

Anybody have measurements on the ballistic joints or know if they fit in the stock axle side upper control arm pocket?

Anybody have measurements on the ballistic joints or know if they fit in the stock axle side upper control arm pocket?

I doubt theyd fit in the stock opening, but if you were to enlarge it (and box in the PS one) you could probably fit the bushing housing in there and weld it solid.

If you are asking that then you might want to take a step back and look for some used uppers and be done with it. I'm not trying to be a dick I'm just saying it's a big part of your front end and you might need a little more research.

Cant really go wrong with OEM bushings,just pick up some bushing cradles from JKS/Rock Logic and go to town.If your looking for flex joints there are several manufacturers that have "stock" size joints.

I went with Ballistic's new 2" joint. So they should be here by Wednesday I hope.

And to answer your question slcpunk74, and I dont feel like you were being a dick or anything. I have fabbed before. I helped fab a buddys control arms and other things as well. I just dident know what size the uppers were. And were to lazy to go search around or even get under the jeep and find out. So I went to a quick easy sources.

I went with Ballistic's new 2" joint. So they should be here by Wednesday I hope.

And to answer your question slcpunk74, and I dont feel like you were being a dick or anything. I have fabbed before. I helped fab a buddys control arms and other things as well. I just dident know what size the uppers were. And were to lazy to go search around or even get under the jeep and find out. So I went to a quick easy sources.

Thaw cool man, I just didn't want to point someone down a dangerous path. If you can fab then get it done son!

Here is the answer I got from rubicon express when I asked about axle side upper control arm bushings.
Chadwick--the RE 3782 bushing will fit into the axle side. Anything else
could possibly be fabricated but is not intended for that application.

Hey dont even worry man Im not one to take things wrong here. I should of stated that I can fab to begin with. I set myself up there lol, and you just called me out on it. No harm to foul bud.

I went the the ballistic joints because thats what my lower mounts have on them and I really like them. And my buddy said they will fit in the uppers as well.

Cool keep us posted, there really should be more quality diy control arm builds on here

Well I got the joints today and am going to weld them together tomorrow. Will post pics when I get them burned. I got my new lowers on today as well. Ill post pics tomorrow as well. I used Ballistic fab's big joints for those and dam! they are way freaking beefy. Update soon to come.

Back