• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

All Power Windows Stopped Working

konmo23

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4 door with power windows and locks. I was picking up some friends today and when he got in the car we put down the windows. when we got to my house like 10 minutes later the windows would not go back up or down.

check your fuses
check the acc. connection at the fuse block(maybe this is just on mine i'm not sure)
and if all else fails carefully take the door panel off and check if the window controls on the drivers door are damaged or unplugged, if the drivers door plug does not work, it would cause the other windows to not work aswell.

if you have a multimeter you can test to see if there is a voltage response on the outgoing terminals on the drivers side door switches

check your fuses
check the acc. connection at the fuse block(maybe this is just on mine i'm not sure)
and if all else fails carefully take the door panel off and check if the window controls on the drivers door are damaged or unplugged, if the drivers door plug does not work, it would cause the other windows to not work aswell.

if you have a multimeter you can test to see if there is a voltage response on the outgoing terminals on the drivers side door switches

which fuses would I have to check for the power windows?

Back