• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick (maybe silly) question about axle shafts

akelts

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the middle of rebuilding a high pinion D30 from my parts cherokee. I was hoping to just unbolt the whole axle shaft and hub assembly from my low pinon D30 and bolt them into this one.

Just want to make sure the HP and LP dana 30s use the same size axle shafts before I attempt it?

Thanks

I have not done this yet to ensure it will fit, but....

I am taking the hub assembly, knuckles, and shafts from a LP D30 from a 2001 and putting them into an HP D30 from a 1986. I have been told by more than one guy on here that I trust that I will have no issues with that swap.

D30 unit/ bearing hubs, disk brake rotors, brake calipers, and axle shafts are interchangeable (1990-2001), and HP vs. LP. You just need to have the rotor type, match the hub type, cast vs. composite. Or, just swap the hubs and rotors as a matched set. The calipers are exactly the same, cast vs. composite or HP vs. LP.

Back