• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2wd sway bar bushings....?

DirtBound

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know what size the bushings would be on a 97+ 2wd?:dunno:

thanks man, mine are shot and i was just makin sure before i go and spend some $$ on some nice poly ones.

also, does anyone make some sort of clamps that keep the sway bar centered? my endlinks keep rubbing on my tracbar mount. thanks.

Measure twice, cut once, that's what my Dad always said.

You should measure it, there were a few different diameters used.

The new bushings, of the correct size, will help, but you could try replacing the endlink grommets with poly to tighten things up.

The sway bar can be anywhere from 24mm to 28mm. You will need to measure the bar. For instance, my '98 has the 26mm. The 97 I had, had the 28mm. Sometimes I think whatever was handy is what went in...

easiest measurement method (if you don't have a micrometer):

hit the local parts store and ask to borrow metric wrenches from 24mm-28mm. Use them as "go/no-go" gauges. The first one that fits is the
size you want.

thanks guys, should have mentioned i have a 4.5in RC lift that came with exteneded sway bar links, and those are whats rubbin, they are already poly. gonna go get the bushings today and see if that helps. again, thanks.

Nate.

Back