• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad tranny leak

ctnsupra1

NAXJA Forum User
I've replaced the tranny pan gasket 3 times now, finally with a FelPro torqued down to spec. The leak is mainly pooling up on the forward, passenger side corner of the pan (closest to the engine). I haven't had thr truck running in a few weeks as I'm doing electrical work on it so it's been on a flat surface but still leakin steadily. Any ideas? If it makes any difference my torque converter is noisy, it whines a decent amount so I'm guess it's the needle bearings that are the culprit there.

Check where the tube mounts to the transmission and at the joint up higher.

5300 3977 SEAL for where the tube attaches to the transmission.

Last edited:
I haven't looked at the joint yet, what would cause it to leak there, over filling?

filling it through the dipstick tube is all that it takes for it to leak from there.

It can take an amazingly long time to run out of the seal and down the tube-- if it's not being driven and on level ground, I'd say you've got it licked once you change the o-rings.

Back