• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which winch bumper?

M1A1TankerTom

NAXJA Forum User
im looking for a winch bumper for my 89 Comanche. I have done some searching and seen some of whats out their but I figured I would see what you guys thought. If you were gonna buy a winch bumper today what brand would you choose?

Logan's Metal winch bumper with old style pre-runner brush guard.

DSC03012.jpg

Holy loss of approach angle ^^^

If I made one, I would do it custom and either cut out the factory cross member or place the winch behind the x member and keep a very low profile bumper.

Thus why I don't have one yet. I value my approach angle much more than a winch at this point in my life.

I have a logans metal. It's very high quality, and as a dialy driver, my jeep feels much more protected from the bump and grind of daily use.

Its got great shackle mounts, beefy mounting plates with ton's of fasteners, and it reinforces the crack prone area around the steering box.

I don't wheel my jeep on hardcore trails like johnson valley, and with the bumpers smooth/bevelled lower edge, it has not hung me up on anything yet.

For the money, I think it or the Detours backbone is the best deal out there. I like the detours as a kit that keeps you stock looking. Very much understand someone who wants that. (I may eventually swap over, but I love my logan's bumper too much. :)

The way the logan's places the winch mount is very solid, too. It places it fairly low in front of the radiator, to maximize airflow. I appreciate that.

Here's a pic of mine...

DSC01474.jpg

DSC01609.jpg

DSC01610.jpg

First off, holy hell that sticks out far. I'm sure its beef though.

OP, do you like tube bumpers or no? I ran a JCR (non-winch) bumper that was very well built, would recommend to anyone. Now I'm currently running a Protofab prerunner winch bumper. Of the two, JCR has a much better tie-in bracket, utilizing the steering bolts. Whereas Protofab uses the three stock mounting holes and one tie-in bolt in the back, I've yet to have any pulls with it but we'll see how she holds up.

honestly I am open to anything....I like beefy looking bumpers and I like the tube bumpers also. I have looked at tons of different kinds, and thats the problem, there are sooo many different kinds and I like a bunch of them. JCR, ARB, Rigid are some of my favs...but I am open to anything right now and figured if you guys told me your favorites I could narrow it down.

i would go with JCR everybody's i have seen are very well built, and there somewhat close so i could pick it up, and there a NAXJA sponsor

right now i have a NATES4x4 bumper that someday i will modify to hold a winch, i believe his winch bumpers stick out very far though

I have a Logan's Metals Bumper and highly recommend it. They stick out a bit because there a winch bumper, I mean come on. If you look under them the approach is nice. Plus the cost is better then anyone out there. I do however recommend JCR, they were number 2 on the list but there bumper cost too much for me, so I bought there sliders :D Ask Logan's about a naxja discount as well, they gave me one!

X2 nicksdsm. its the same one i have on my 95. soild, bolts to the streering box and then another bolt on the driver side and like 5 or 6 bolts back on the passenger side. heavy as heck like 70 pounds, and they gave me a good deal cause im active duty. i run both front and rear logans. and for where i wheel aproach angle isnt as important as pull points.

LOGANS! And the approach angle is just fine. I've never even hit the under side on anything. I have taken some side hits on rocks though.

P1020412.jpg

Drove right up on this ledge and "almost" over it, got hung on the frame/spring hangers/exhaust.

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

Back