• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

GAS TANK VENT

jumpnjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hey does anyone know what the little vents on the top of the gas tank are called? There is two of them both hooked to the same vaccuum line. One of mine is missing just a big a$$ hole now where gas spills out if I fill too high, like 3/4 of a tank. I went to Kragen and tried to find one but no matter what type of part name we tried to search under we couldnt find anything. So if anyone knows what these are called or if someone has one out of a tank or even a good tank, whatever. let me know. Thanks for the help.

Asa, check with Ryno and see if he still has my old tank that had a hole in the bottom, it still had the vent connectors on it. I would try the dealer if you want new, I doubt anyone is going to make them aftermarket.

LOL!!!! whats that Grimm? go ahead and take the ones out of your tank! WOW thats mighty nice of you.. LOL, Naw I wouldnt take anything you actually need. I talked to ryno, you used the vents on your swap. he is going to check around for me to see if he has one somewhere.Im thinking expandable freeze plug if I cant find one.

ruber hoose? my gas tank is sitting next to me right now by my computer desk.
Not so much a hose, but more a nipple where a hose could go. its a plastic vent thing.

those plugs use standard rubber, the gas will eat em up. glue down some aluminum with 3M weather strip adhesive, it's one of the few glues that gas won't eat. I used it to seal up my leaky sending unit O-ring.

Back