• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bracket Reversed?

Megadethx

NAXJA Forum User
92 Sport 4.0 AW4 NP231

I am thinking that the cable guide on my valve cover is on wrong and needs flipped 180°.

What do you all think?

throttlecableguide.jpg

I'm 58, color blind in the green spectrum, wear bifocals, and have astigmatism (yes, spelled correctly), and I can't tell either--think its my monitor?

Can you post up a larger pic?

joe_,

It's not your monitor. I'm in the same demographic as you (aka, 58 in 10 days). Not color blind, but deaf as a post in one ear.

Also, what the eff is that for?? I don't have a cable crossing either of my 4.0's valve covers. [oh crap, I'm a RENIX]

ctrl + is your friend.

ah i forgot about that. i use ctrl and roll the wheel on the mouse forward.

i still have no idea what the heck thats even for. its not on mine either

LOL! After four ctl (shift) + I still can't make it out!

That's on 91+ vehicles only, you old RENIX farts :moon:

holds the TV cable (on autos), throttle cable, and cruise control solenoid cable (on equipped vehicles.)

it's real damn small in the pic but is definitely flipped 180, the one on my spare engine out of a '95 has 1 cable slot ahead of the mounting post then two behind.

I'm also fairly certain that in 96 or 97 or 98 or so they changed the valve cover and positioning slightly, I believe the later model ones are mounted on a slanted angle with two threaded studs and some nuts instead of a push-nut and a single post on the flat top of the valve cover. That's from memory though so don't be too surprised if it's wrong. I'll try and remember to check my 96 and 98 in a few minutes.

That's on 91+ vehicles only, you old RENIX farts :moon:

I resemble that remark!

holds the TV cable (on autos), throttle cable, and cruise control solenoid cable (on equipped vehicles.)

You HO guys got cable TV in your XJs?

nah but we have throttle valve cables :spin1:

fyi if you're going to mess around with the TV cable, don't break that stupid plastic clip off the end that goes on the throttle... if you do, you get to drop the trans pan to replace the whole cable. Don't ask.

Sorry about the pic size. All I had was my cell phone. I was hoping it was good enough and better then no pic at all. :rolleyes:

I haven't had my valve cover off so the prior owner must have flipped it. I had just noticed that the throttle cable was angled a bit more then I would like.

Did you old timers miss Bingo down at the Moose club just to reply to my noob question?

Makin' me feel bad...:doh:

Back