• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you think is the best BUT cheap SYE KIT?

There's no such thing as the best of something and the cheapest one you can get, it's one or the other. Advance Adapters makes a very good quality SYE, industry standard. If you want a good deal on an SYE you should check out PORC they sell both SYE's and kits that include the rear shaft too for very reasonable prices.

Last edited:
Depends on how much they want for the Crown shaft. The JY one will be the same thing though I think. The Tom Woods shaft is just made with better, stronger materials. The metals are thicker (twice the size as a stock front shaft), the splines are longer and the u-joints are better quality. They say their shafts 200% stronger than a stock shaft. I believe them mine has been going strong for about 4 years now. The spline thing alone is worth it. You should check out their site on the bottom of the page it shows the stock setup compared to what they use, it much better. If you get a shaft from the JY you should plan on rebuilding it anyway, running an old used shaft that has been sitting for how knows how long is only asking for trouble, you can bet the u-joints will be in bad shape just from sitting they dry out and start to rust from lack of rotation and lubrication, if they are not bad yet they will be soon. If you plan to wheel it changing them now will be much easier than on the trail.

Last edited:
They are going to make you essentially a HD front shaft that you are going to use in the back for lack of a way of putting it. The shaft will be built to rear axle standards but have the 3 u-joints like the front. If you look at your front and rear axle the front one is much smaller in diameter than the rear because the rear is used 100% of the time so this shaft will be much better than a stock front shaft could ever be.

Last edited:
Yes I think the SYE you get from either company will be pretty much the same thing if not the actual same thing just repackaged so yes that's exactly what I would go with as a plan myself. I'm going to bed now see you later good luck with it.

actually i found it. they're in utah and it's free shipping to us lower states. so i'm in washington...... is that a lower state??? hahaha i don't think it is....
so i guess i'll be paying an extra $5 for shipping not that big of a deal haha

There have been a lot of complaints against PORC about poor delivery. You might want to check on Pirate4x4 before ordering to make sure they have remedied that. Historically they have been a good company to work with, but it seems they went through a bumpy time. Hope they have everything sorted out.

Back