• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

B&M Transmission Temp Gauge Install Locations?

01din

NAXJA Forum User
Not a sender location question!

I just got my B&M AW4 temp gauge, and am trying to figure out where to install in in the cabin. I've seen photos of it in the pod against the center console, behind the 4wd shifter, and against the A-pillar.

Any other locations? With photos appreciated....

Thanks guys

A piller, Autometer makes a single and double pod for the pre-97 XJ

P1020426.jpg

The "A" pillar is where I put my FIL's in his Ram 3500 and he likes it there.

I like to replace that AC vent with fuel press gauge. If a blank out plate is carfully made it will look sweet.
I pulled the AC comp 4 years ago so no loss there.
That A piler mount looks all most stock also sweet.

IMG_3323.jpg

It's not really something I feel I need to keep a keen eye on all the time, so I put it down here. Easily viewable in any gear but reverse.

Guessing you have an 01'.... dont think you have this spot available do you...

cant find pic... but between gauge cluster and radio there is a section that looks like it was used for lights or a clock at 1 point. I have it right there....

I put mine where the cigarette lighter on the left used to be. No photos though. It requires a bit of dremmeling the console so the top and bottom don't hit it.

Yeah it's a '99 - I know the two spots you're both talking about (empty spot near gauge cluster and cig lighter), and I think I'll use one of them.

When it's been installed on its own pod on the passenger side of the center console, the power comes from the lights on the shifter. What power/light wire have both of you tapped into?

Thanks again -

You can see mine a just below the lower dash. I used an aluminum mount.

jeep007-1.jpg

Back