• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so speedo stopped working

Did the Jeep throw a CEL?

Any thing else happen when the speedo went out?

Check the connection at the t-case.

could be a broken cable, look at the tcase, if its got an electrical plug going into it, its electrically driven. if not, its cable operated. the cables just snap after awhile. cheap and relatively easy to fix

what side bro??? from what i see all i see is electrical crap no speedo "cable" the speedo was boucing for like the last week and then nada...

there are two connections on your tcase. one for a vacuum harness (that controls the 4wd light in the dash) and one for either a cable or an electrical plug. one or the other. Unless you have a 242, then I couldn't tell you what the damn thing looks like ive never touched one.

I stand corrected, apparently some of them had a cable AND an electrical connector. the electrical connection feeds the speed signal to the ECU, and the cable drives the speedometer int he dash.

those ones look like this:

DSCN0355111.jpg

you can see the cable going into the back of where that electrical plug is circled.

ok i went out and looked under her its electric only.. so pick a part her i come

Aww come on a spedometer thread? Its like a appendix its nice when its there but you won't miss it when its not. A quick google search will net you more info than you need but you need five minutes, a digital multimeter and a couple jack stands to see if the sensor works, then pull it out check the gear/relucter ring (depends on year) clean it up etc. Not rocket science

Back