• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lock right pin kit questions

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I apparently fubar'd some internals on my Lock Right for my front HP D44. I went to look for replacement parts at Summit Racing and I am seeing two different kits with no explaination of the difference. Anybody have any info:

Powertrax 1025350KAP

Powertrax 8001001KAV

I haven't pulled the differential cover yet, but wanted to have parts on hand, and if they are not needed, I would put them in my spares kit.

I'm pretty sure my locker is the PWT-2410-LR

Give powertrax a direct call. They will be helpful. Mine (8.25) blew up after running about 12 miles on the street, I called and had a replacement the next day.

I apparently fubar'd some internals on my Lock Right for my front HP D44. I went to look for replacement parts at Summit Racing and I am seeing two different kits with no explaination of the difference. Anybody have any info:

Powertrax 1025350KAP

Powertrax 8001001KAV

I haven't pulled the differential cover yet, but wanted to have parts on hand, and if they are not needed, I would put them in my spares kit.

I'm pretty sure my locker is the PWT-2410-LR

I believe KAP is the pin kit and KAV is just a spring kit.

been wanting to put one in my D-35, are they not very streetable?

The D35, or "Turdy-Five", isn't really worth wasting money on. Get yourself a 97+ 8.25 bolt in with the higher spline count.

Ordered one from JEGS. Should be here Thursday. Now to tear the axle down. Ain't it fun pulling hubs apart?

Once you get used to them, they are very streetable. The replacement installed and was still there when I sold the '98. so far as I know,it's still there working fine. Made a HUGE difference in the off road capability.

Back