• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2.5 no spark

lozinge

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, i have a 99 2.5 sport that wont start. I have discovered that it has no spark. I changed the crankshaft sensor and still no start. I tested wiring to find no pluse to the coil and the injectors only pulse once. So i had the ecu/pcm checked and there is no fault with it.
I was wondering if there is anything inside the distributor that would cause this problem or anything else.

Hope you guys and gals can help

Do you have 12 volts to the primary side of the coil?

I tested wiring to find no pluse to the coil and the injectors only pulse once.

I believe both of these circuits should be "ground interrupted" as opposed to "pulsed" on the positive side. You should receive constant 12V+ on the primary side of the coil and 12V+ at one wire of each injector. The saturation and collapse of the coil is regulated by "pulsing" the ground and same for each injector (grounded= open injector= fuel flow and vice-versa)

I will check the voltage to the coil and injectors to see what i get. I have checked the continuity of the wires from the ecu to the parts and that all good.
I was just wondering if there is anything in the distributor that can break down to cause no spark.

I don't think so. The synch sensor in the distributor can fail and kill the injector firing impulse, but it shouldn't kill spark.

If you don't have 12 volts to the primary side of the coil you should check the ASD relay. The ASD relay provides the 12 volts to the coil. The ASD relay is activated by GROUND provided by the PCM.

Try unplugging and plugging it CPS/CKP crank sensor a few times to see if freshening the connection helps.

Good luck.

Yeah, the ignition switch provides the power, the PCM (computer) energizes the relays with the ground.

Back