• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full traction lift LCA brackets

mvanhaerents

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you who have the 6” full traction lift kit, did you weld or screw in your LCA brackets? The instructions recommend installing 3/8” self tapping screws in addition to the factory bolts at the cross member, but I’m not sure how strong a self tapping screw w/o a nut is in the unibody. I am thinking of plug welding these locations and seam welding around the perimeter of the bracket, but am concerned about welding on the thinner metal of the unibody (getting good penetration on the thick bracket vs. the thin unibody).

if you're worried about it, have someone else do it, or keep practicing until you're good to go. cleanup is obviously crucial here, with undercoatings and rust. ive been lucky here. im a beleiver in the 'bolt it in, then weld it on on top of that!' school of thought.

judging from the countless full traction long arm kit's ive seen for sale here in socal, without brackets, people are welding these brackets on their frames.

ive had mine on for about 2 years now, just bolted with no problems, but i have fram stiffeners so im sure that has helped alot, i wheel JV, big bear and calico, so far so good

i have had the FT lift in for 4 years and havent had any problems with it. I am however looking to weld in the brackets bc i will be running 35 soon. I to have frame stiffeners so like jesse a said that may help. But dont over tighten the self tapping screws bc they will strip into the uni-body if you do.

Back