• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new wheels and tires question

mxracer624

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 89 xj 4.0 with a rustys 4.5 lift on it with the fixed lower control arms without the high clearance bend. I will be buying new wheels and tires for it this week but am not sure if I should get rims with an offset or not. I will be going with 33-12.5- r15 goodyear mt/r's with kevlar. So my questions are, should I get a rim with an offset because I know I'm going to rub on the lower CA, or should I just get rims with normal spacing. And should I get an 8 in rim or should I go with a 10in?

8 inch deffinantly. dont even entertain the thought of 10s... 15x8s are good up to 35x12.50, and ive even seen 33x13.50 on them no problem.

i would recomend something with 4" of backspacing (would be 0 offset on an 8 inch rim). thats pretty much the standard. you can go even less (lower back spacing number means the more your tire is going to stick out) if you like the wide stance. check with local laws on tire coverage if it is your daily driver.

Back