• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water-Proofing

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
As of late I've been playing U-Boat Commander more frequently with the XJ and I've already water-proofed everything under the hood and a snorkel is on the way.

What do you guys do to keep water from coming in thru the edges of the doors? That seems to be the only place it's coming in. Any ideas?

wel unless you seal them up with polyurethane silicone like sealant, and enter the Jeep Dukes of hazzard style or through a sunroof, you will always have wather comming in.

i've heard of people replacing the weather stripping with 97+ ws if they've got the earlier models. apparently it reduces the noise level/seals better. i've also heard suggestions of putting some kind of expanding foam inside of the stripping (but i dont know if it will compress enought to shut then...). Even if you can't get it perfect i certainly think you could slow down the leak.

either way you still would have to seal up all the holes in the door which is designed to allow water out that drips from the window, then the door would fill with water... cause it does... when the holes get pluged. No matter what you do you will not be able to seal up the doors enough to keep the water out or slow enough keep it out.

ive heard a few (certainly a small minority) of people with XJs that had their weather stripping work when they had to ditch their XJ in deep water. Windows are always good escape routes. My fix is bedliner, removable carpets and use the drain plugs.

Back