• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad News, CAL 200, OMG

jcnoble

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone hear about this?

LUCERNE VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- At least eight people were killed and others were injured in a desert off-road race near Lucerne Valley in San Bernardino County, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff's department.

A truck rolled and struck several people in the area, according to some desert racing blogs.

San Bernardino fire sent seven ambulances and 10 air ships to the scene of the accident at the California 200 race.

According to the Mojave Desert Racing website, the California 200 was to take place at 7:30 p.m. off Bessemer Mine Road at Soggy Dry Lake.
(Copyright ©2010 KABC-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

I just read through the thread on race dezert.com. I'm sick to my stomach right now thinking of what happened out there. It must have been chaos. Take a minute and say prayer for all involved, driver, co-driver, spectators, victims, witnesses and first-responders.

I hope those who were injured recover fast and those who lost their loved ones are comforted thru this situation. Will pray for them!

I had friends in the race, luckally no one from our party was injured, but a few of our friends were 10 feet from the truck. from what i hear it was pretty horrible i cant even imagine...

Very sad news, prayers and condolences to the families who lost loved ones. Speedy recovery to the injured, and to the driver and others that will have to deal with what they saw and lived through.

just got the call from my sons god parents that their daughter (my self adopted step daughter) was one of the survivers. she is at loma linda hospital but has no life threatening injuries. unfortunatly her boyfriend is one of the non survivers. she was standing next to him while holding his daughter in her arms. both her and the daughter are ok physically, THANK GOD!

Yikes. Were any NAXJA folks there? Are we all accounted for?

Back