• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel base different side to side?????

SPXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm curious if anyone has ever measured the relationship of the front and rear axles. Are they supposed to be parrell to each other?

I did a quick measirement on mine front to back and corner to corner. I used my rear as my starting point. I found that the pass side wheel base is longer than the driver side by almost 1". The control arm lengths showed only an 1/8" difference in lengths from side to side.

I just never checked the wheel base measurement before!

So do I correct the difference by adjusting the upper and lower control arms?

Make sure the jeep is sitting Perfectly level on Perfectly level ground for your measurement. Mine was out almost 3/4". I corrected it with my adjustable control arms.

The difference, I have been told is to offset the crown in the road. It might pull right if you make them equal. This difference has been here and other places before and it is always the same so I guess they are made that way.

The difference, I have been told is to offset the crown in the road. It might pull right if you make them equal. This difference has been here and other places before and it is always the same so I guess they are made that way.

You are correct !

If you check the factory front caster specs for the right and left wheels; you will see there is a difference for just that reason.

I don't see a caster spec that calls out a difference between right and left. If it is caster that adjusts for the crown in the road thats great...........what about my original question of difference in wheel base from side to side?

Back