• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winch Install

Wayne Sihler

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Yes I know its been done before and I tried to search and found lots of useless info.
Have Warn 8000 on the way,will be putting it on a JCR bumper on my 96. What problems can I expect ? Electrical wiring issues,soloniod (sp) mounting issues,battery cables/posts. Will i need to cut the grille or header panel to route the wires? Any tips and tricks would be helpful.

Thanks
Wayne

Bolt it up, trim where you need to, mount the solenoid, run the wires and you're done. You can run the wires under the grille or thru the grille. I don't know how far back that winch will sit on that bumper so I have no way to know if you'll have to cut the grille.

It took me about 30 minutes to install mine. And that included running a switch into the cab.

Follow the mounting instructions, ensure that you properly torque the mounting hardware.

As lowrange2 said, not a big deal, just needs to be done correctly.

How are you planning to attach the supplied cables to the battery? Don't use side terminals if you have them, they aren't meant for heavy loads.

Good luck.

Back