• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door panels?

'late model' door panels are MUCH nicer than the scummy early models..... it seems like a step back...

i would either get late model doors, wire em up, and enjoy. done. no vent, just a nice large window and better mirrors, and better speakers, and better switches/door levers/handles.
OR
get the early fixed window section from the junkyard (or a spare set of doors). and swap them in. the wind wing is flimsy and easily broken during removal, but the fixed is stout. start with pulling the wind wing.

Well I have to have the scummy early model. My XJ is right hand drive and all the switches are on the passenger(my driver side) door. So that's why I ask.

OIC. i figured you were holding onto them to keep it matching, i wouldve never guessed you'd be rocking the rhd.

for the record, my jeep has scummy early model, i meant no offense. just venting.

I wanted to put '99 door panels on my '90 doors and discovered they were essentially incompatible. All the plastic push pins that hold the panel on are in different places and the door lock and handle is in a different place. The panels, however, are pretty much the same size.
If you pulled all the actuator rods out of the door and re-drilled it you could probably make it work. I opted to not bother b/c I was looking for an easier bolt on project.

Back