• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need your thoughts.

CaliXJ

NAXJA Forum User
91 Rough Country 4.5 Long arm kit w/ full leaf packs. Running 33x12.50

Ok so i installed this kit about 6 mo. ago and now have the same problems that a few others here have had. Main eye bushing failure and the crappy shackle angle that come along with these leaf springs. I have contacted RC about the bushing failure and have 2 NEW rear leaf springs being shipped to me.
My plans were to add my JKS 1" shackles to the all ready 4.5" rear and buying RE 5.5" front coils to match. Selling my 4.5 front coils.
Or
Selling the NEW 4.5 RC rear leafs. Buying 2 RE 3.5 rear leafs and adding my 1" JKS shackles. Keeping it at 4.5"

What would be the better set up here?

I would just install the shackles to see how it sits..I have mine about 2" higher in the rear, but i get it to sit level with all the crap i put in it..Tools,ice chest,5 gal of gas,spare,plus the people i have ride with me..I also have a JCR rear bumper

i agree with glow-worm, it's going to settle a bit no matter what springs you put in there. plus once you load it up its going to drop and sit level.

Well either way i'm replacing my rear leafs. RC or the RE. I see your point though about loading you rig with stuff. The RC leafs i have now still sit higher than he front.

So my JKS shackles showed up yesterday. Man these things look big next to the stock ones! Still undecided though... Drop the rear to RE 3.5 leafs + JKS shackles = 4.5-5" lift, or keep my RC leafs (4.5+JKS shackles) and go up to 5.5 RE coils? Anyone else have some input?

You will still have a crappy shackle angle with RE's. You need a longer spring (deaver/fulltraction/ect.) to get a better angle, these also require a boomerang shackle to clear the body.

OR....

Shackle relocation kit by H.D. offroad

Just installing the shackles is really gonna look funny. I mean it doesn't sit level now. 1.5-2" higher in the rear will look like in need to be out at the drag strip!

Back