• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooper Discoverer ATR

luvherinmyjeep32

NAXJA Forum User
Time to buy tires for the 89 XJ. It is my daily driver when I can't take the motorcycle and it has to make a 280 mile trip towing the motorcycle about 6 or 8 times a year. My Uniroyal HD/T LT's have lasted me forever (Load range E!) and now I'm looking at Cooper Discoverer ATRs in 31x10.50R15LT. Anyone have any experience with these tires? I've been quoted $138 each, mounted and balanced. I'm looking for something that will last, not really something really great offroad. That's what I have a winch for! I read a lot of great reviews for their snow performance on a snow plow owner forum so that sounds good. Also, they have a 50k mile pro rated wear warranty. My mechanic said what he usually sees is people coming back at 25k miles for replacement, so with mount and balance, the replacement tires are about $82 each. Sounds good to me. Any thoughts?

i know a guy who has them on a ranger. goes to my gym. he likes them and the tread pattern is pretty cool looking. for a dd i like the bfg at ko's. does pretty fantastic everywhere and lasts forever if you have the right load range

if ya want good price and life check out the BIG O A/T..

cooper makes them for big o, they are a silica based compound, free rotates, balances, flats, and if destroyed-free replacement. siped really well so great in the snow and mud but are also getting an average of 50k out of the tires... price should be a lil cheaper as well, like 130/tire i think

The wife has them on her KJ, no problems in 2 yrs. I have "heard" they will wear funny if not rotated, I rotate them every 6K. JIM.

I ran the ATR on the "Tow Truck" for a few years. They wore great and held up well on the street. :)

My top list of AT tires that I have personally had..
Bridgestone Deuler A/T REVOS (#1)/693/695's, Dayton Timberline AT, Goodyear Silent Armors. Others that are supposed to be great are the GY Wrangler Duratrac, GY Wrangler MT/r (kind of spendy)

Back