• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cant find D44 BOM reference

chattacuda

NAXJA Forum User
I have a D44 high pinion under this XJ I bought. The date code is 8 25 7 B5 which I think makes it a 77, but I know there were some changes in mid 77 with ford, which I was told this was from. It has the cast radius arm wedges and the previous owner made long arms for it. The BOM is 610047-9 which will not cross reference on the Dana site or any google searches. Also read Mr N's site and cant find it. I need to get gears and a locker for it from somewhere. Anyone got any advice on how to ID from here? Thanks

I have a D44 high pinion under this XJ I bought. The date code is 8 25 7 B5 which I think makes it a 77, but I know there were some changes in mid 77 with ford, which I was told this was from. It has the cast radius arm wedges and the previous owner made long arms for it. The BOM is 610047-9 which will not cross reference on the Dana site or any google searches. Also read Mr N's site and cant find it. I need to get gears and a locker for it from somewhere. Anyone got any advice on how to ID from here? Thanks

Email Dana?

I just checked my listing (which is fairly extensive,) and came up dry. (!) I don't know what else to tell you at the moment...

I found the builder I bought it from and he said from a 78 Bronco, so problem solved Thanks for looking

I need to get gears and a locker for it from somewhere. Anyone got any advice on how to ID from here? Thanks
With the exception of the GC D44a and the JK D44's (and maybe I'm forgetting some), Dana 44's are Dana 44's, they are all the same in terms of gears and lockers.

I did a wristed radius arm front for my XJ and love it. It has mad flex and was cheap to build. I especially like that it came with nice large disk brakes and 5x5.5" lug pattern.

I did a wristed radius arm front for my XJ and love it. It has mad flex and was cheap to build. I especially like that it came with nice large disk brakes and 5x5.5" lug pattern.

what is a wristed radius arm? I have been worried about the inherent stiffness of the ford radius arm connection to the axle since the only way it can flex is the rubber giving, and it is pretty thin. I will look at your posts and see if I can find any pictures. I have been looking at a build thread by X1994J and he used the ford radius arm mounts on the axle and ballistic joints on the body side, which is better than what I have.

Back