• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

u-joints

xj_chef

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all I have a stock 93 xj and need to replace all u-joints on both shafts.
what are the spicer #'s and where is the best place to purchase?
do i need to replace the cv centering joint as well?
thanks in advance.

It would help to tell us what shafts you are talking, since you have both drive shafts and axle shafts in your Jeep. Are you talking about the drive shafts?

I have this same question. Just to make sure, is the Spicer 5-785X good for all 3 u-joints in the front drive line? I have a front drive line as the drive line in the back as well (Hack & Tap SYE).

Thanks in advance for the help, I'm replacing these soon and trying to knock out the odd vibrations from the driveline.

As long as they are 1310 series you can pick whatever brand you'd like... I just rebuilt mine with some $13 greasable ones from Napa labeled "heavy duty" on the side. No side effects in 10k miles and countless trips/4wd adventures

As long as they are 1310 series you can pick whatever brand you'd like... I just rebuilt mine with some $13 greasable ones from Napa labeled "heavy duty" on the side. No side effects in 10k miles and countless trips/4wd adventures

Unless there is a better brand I'm planning to go with a maintenance free set as I don't plan to grease it if I don't have to. Thanks for the help with the numbers.

yes. be careful getting ones with grease fittings, sometimes they don't clear the centering yoke.

The ones I got were greasable but they came with a little disk with a hole in it instead of a tall zerk fitting... the end of the grease gun fits around it and you just hold it tight against the joint, couple pumps and its golden

Back