• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

max tire size with 3.5" lift and tj flares

dick.breakey

NAXJA Forum User
89 2 door 4x4 aw4/231

so im on a budget build, as most of us are, and i was curious if i can fit a 33/34 10.50 under it. ill be cutting the metal to open it up more so i was curious it it would make that big of a difference where i could fit another 2" of tires in it. im pretty new to this, though i have a bunch of friends with them but none are running such a small lift haha. my main goal is to fit the 34x10.50 ltb under it. thats as big as i wanna go. any ideas?

bump stop the hell out of it, and get it set up for all droop...youll be fine

little lift + big tires = win

i dont understand the all droop part. but i get the bumpstop. will the normal rubber ones work or should i look at the piston looking ones?

and i agree, little lift + big tires = win :)

shocks should only have enough up travel to go just past the bumpstop, and that leaves them open to having all usable part of shock be droop...

basically, with big tires and no lift you dont want the tires or axle to flex up or compress but instead to flex down, or droop...

what to bumpstop with depends on how you trim and how much room you have, just toss a hockey puck inside the coils if ya need to bumpstop it just a lil bit more

With the proper bumpstopping and enough trimming you can really fit any size tires you want. Sam or ktmracer on here had a three inch lift with 37's. I'd say you'd be fine.

are you serious!! thats fantastic. i would love to see it. i might end up going with the 4.5 RE lift. i like it. and i can upgrade to la's later

I used to rock 34s on 3 inchs of lift, fit just fine with trimming. Im know right around 4 with 35s, wouldnt have it any other way.

PA070129.jpg

Here ya go infact. Damn I miss that jeep.

thats good news. my only concern is i have to have enough coverage for the flares(stupid pa state laws) and what not. but i figure the 4.5 with the 10.50's should keep me in tight.

niice. thats about the perfect stance i want for mine. though i need flares haha. so i figure ima go down the tj flare way.

if i didnt need them for stupid laws, i wouldnt have them. and i dont wanna spend 350 bucks on any either. but i might end up doing it one day. and if i bonus high enough this month then i just might. we'll see.

thanks. thats a big goal. ive seen 3 people flip this summer. i dont want none of that and im prone to doing something like that cause i dont realze whats stupid till after i almost flip. sometimes anyways haha

i have 4 inches and 33 10.50's, no flares but my tires dont stick out all stupid either. and yanno what, my 10.50's have went everywhere 12.50's go.

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

i love the 10.50 tire. im not a fan of wide tires at all. the 34" ltb is my favorite tire out there right now. and its a 10.50. i love it.

Back