• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anyone run these headlights?

Don't do it!

I had a buddy that bought some and they were not bright at all. He sent them back and got the regular chome housing ones.

Just find you a good set of normal headlights that take the standard headlight bulbs, buy you some 100watt bulbs and upgrade the wiring harness.

That's what I did and the difference was incredible.

I can't find the link to the standard headlights right now, but I'll look when I get home.

hey bud, just try and find a used ipf setup, my lights are pretty damn bright, and the used setup isnt that costly at all

I just run the cheapo ebay chrome housings with a ddm 35w hi/lo hid kit...

About $50-$60 for the hid kit with a liftetime warranty
about $20-$25 for the housings

Yeah I am completely happy with the light I get for spending less the $100

I STILL say to upgrade the wiring harness! All of the current in the factory circuit goes directly thru the headlight switch! You lose SO much power there it's not even funny.

All ya gotta do is run some 10 guage wire from the battery to 2 relays (one for high and one for low) and run them thru the switch and to the headlights. Direct 12v with plenty of current.

It at least doubled the brightness of my lights... I spent about 14 bucks on this project...

ipf housings, harness upgrade, and i think its the fatboy bulbs, oh no, i replaced the fatboy bulbs after it blew out after a month...

the bulbs i have now the guys at IPF sent me as replacements, 135/195 watt rating i think...
but look on ebay man, the ipf housings and fatboy bulbs with harness upgrades you can find pretty cheap and they are really bright

Last edited:
get the upgrade from the guy here on naxja that makes them...

just get the ipf housings and toss in some bulbs...the fatboy bulbs will serve you well

IPF housings here. I just have some cheapo delta xenon bulbs,for now, but work awesome. There is a place that has the pre-made harness for like 15-20$? I think. And get some relays and you are set.

Here are Autopal lights that I used. I bought some 100 watt bulbs to go in these and upgraded my harness.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-0...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2002wt_1165

The harness upgrade linky was so kindly posted my Mesh.

So, with the 14 bucks it takes to upgrade the harness, the 26 bucks for the lights, and 12 bucks for the bulbs... You're still under 80 bucks for the cheap HIDs that aren't going to last.

Btw, the harness upgrade isn't nearly as difficult as it looks...

Definitely another don't buy from me as well. I ordered a set without the upgrade harness a few years back for like $12 and they were absolute garbage. The so-called projector lens is kind of smoked or something and even with it removed the lights are no where near bright enough. You would have much better visibility with two flashlights and half dead batteries for headlights.

Back